Home » Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
My favourite way to eat banana cake is in muffin form! These Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist, fluffy and so easy to eat. Who has time to cut cake…too much mess – instead grab a muffin and go!
This recipe is quick and easy and can be done easily any day of the week, when you fancy a homemade sweet fix! Am I the only one that feels like I’m being good if I opt for a banana muffin rather than a chocolate brownie? Well it is less calories so I’ll take it!
Living alone I often have banana’s that ripen quicker than I can eat them and this Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe is the perfect way to ensure those banana’s don’t go to waste!
What Do I Need?
- Very Ripe Bananas – This is essential, if your bananas are not ripe enough your muffins will not have that sweet banana taste we want.
- Vanilla extract – this adds a nice complimentary taste to the muffins. My go to brand is Taylor & Colledge you can buy these here. Costco are also selling a giant bottle at the moment!
- Chocolate Chips – I love chocolate chips in my banana cake it beats nuts in my opinion. I like to do half and half, milk and dark.
- Quality Eggs, Plain Flour, Unsalted Butter and Caster Sugar. Check out my What’s in my Pantry post to get your pantry ready for basic baking.
Tips & Tricks
- Always get everything you need out on the counter before you start.
- I like to weigh out all my ingredients at the start and separate them all in their own bowl.
- Did you know warm eggs are easier to beat!
- The riper the banana the better (sweeter) – you don’t want it black but it can be pretty brown!
- I like to use half sweet and dark chocolate chips to balance the sweetness.
Love banana cake you will love these Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins! This recipe can be made in a cake tin too if you prefer! I hope this recipe saves those dying banana’s in the corner of your kitchen! Let me know how it went in the comments.
Prep Time 20 minutes mins
Cook Time 30 minutes mins
Total Time 50 minutes mins
2 mixing bowls
- 3 eggs
- 200 g plain flour
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 140 g caster sugar
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup pecans optional
Weigh all of the ingredients in separate bowls and you are ready to go!
Pre heat oven to 180/160C on fan. Butter the muffin tin and set aside. Crack the eggs in a small bowl and beat well with a whisk. Mash the bananas in a bowl and set aside.
Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add in the beaten eggs. Now combine everything together with a spatula and whisk lightly.
Now fold in the flour, baking powder and baking soda little by little. When batter is combined well fold in the mashed banana, vanilla essence and chocolate chips and pecans/nuts if using.
Scoop the batter into the buttered tin and put in the oven. Set a timer for 15 minutes and check through the glass how they are doing. After 25 minutes remove from oven and use a wooden skewer to check muffins are done, if it comes out dry the muffins are ready! Enjoy 🙂
Did you make this recipe?
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m here to help! If you loved this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment and rating below! Let me know how it turned out for you and share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at @chilliandlife and hashtag it #chilliandlife ! I’ll be sure to share it!
Other Posts You May Enjoy
Excited to make these with my kids😍 I will tag you on Instagram when I post them on my story!
Thank you Carolina – I am sure your kids will love them. Can’t wait to see your creations 🙂